Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Clean Freak!

Two blogs in two days....I am on a rollllll!!!!!!

Anyone who knows me well knows I am an absolute freak when it comes to cleaning, germs and the like. I am semi-OCD about it...well, I used to be anyway until my house was invaded by my two dogs, Madeline and Kosmo. Ask anyone, especially Michael and they will tell you I am much more laid back than I used to be!


This summer was the first time I really noticed the shedding getting bad, so I have been searching and searching for cleaning products that make my life easier and hair free! We have hardwood floors throughout the house except for the bedrooms, and I have found them to be very difficult to clean. I was cracking up because a couple of months ago when my housekeepers came to clean, I got home and they were in the middle of vacuuming and mopping our hardwood floors and Adella said to me "hairs, hairs and MORE hairs"....I was cracking up and feeling sorry for her at the same time because it was so true.

After that day, I vowed to vacuum at least once a week but it never happened! First of all, it never happened because vacuuming doesn't really pick up everything and it takes me 30 minutes yet I still don't notice a huge difference on my floors - it basically moves things around. Also, the cord gets in the way, etc. etc.

I have finally found a product that is super easy to use and completely takes care of all of the hairs and messes on my floors!! I am completely OBSESSED!!! It's the swiffer vac! It's cordless and very lightweight...less than $30 (at Walmart)....and not only vacuums effectively but also has a dry cloth that picks up anything that gets left behind. I just go grab the vac (the fact that its so lightweight and cordless is the key to its efficiency), then I start going (it even reaches easily under the couch), and 5 minutes later my floors are literally spotless! If you have the same problem as me, you should really check this out!


My second favorite new cleaning product find is the Fur Fighter Hair Remover from 3M! Its less than $10 for the starter pack and then the refill "hair grabbers" are less than $4!! I use this at least twice weekly to get rid of ALL the dog hair on my couch and couch pillows and quilts, etc. It is absolutely fantastic and even removes embedded hair!! After about two minutes, my entire (big sectional) couch is totally hair free and looks brand new!!!! This is a million times easier than trying to vacuum the couch! A real lifesaver!!

1 comment:

Susan and Craig said...

I am going to go get a Fur Fighter today!!! I've seen ads, but didn't know if they really worked. Thanks for the tip! It was great seeing you last weekend.