Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Heather's Baby Shower

More than a month ago, I headed up to Tulsa to enjoy time with my cousins and to attend Heather's baby shower.

Heather is my cousin Wade's wife. Wade is my cousin Kristin's brother. Kristin is my cousin/best friend (not the broadway cousin but just as awesome). Are you following now??!?! I'm so lucky to have Kristin and Kerri as cousins and to grow up with them and be so close and so close in age because basically, they are my sisters. And for a girl with only two brothers - that is a big deal!!! :) And now I even have one sis-in-law (thanks Kent!) and one soon-to-be (I hope...Carter - make this happen!!).

Me and Kristin

Also, Wade and I are only one month apart in age so we've always been close too. Heather and I actually met at the Kappa National Convention before she and Wade became an item in college. So I just love having her as a cousin now too!

Wade, Kristin and Me

Julie, Me, Heather, Kristin

Isn't Heather adorable as a pregnant girl?!?!?! You cannot really tell that she's even pregnant here.....well, she is and I can guarantee you that we can all hate her about as much as we hate Chelsi for being such an adorable preggo.

The shower was beautiful and so much fun! They are having a baby boy - Tanner. Tanner is supposed to be arriving very very soon, and I cannot wait to meet him!

Funny story from the shower....
Julie (my other cousin and Kristin's sister, see above pic) and I pretty much had a knock down drag out in front of everyone at the shower when we got in a huge fight about who gets to hold Emery, Kristin's precious daughter, during the shower. Originally, Julie won the fight, but somehow I ended up with Emery five minutes later and held her for the rest of the shower. I was holding her, changing her, showing her off, etc. Then, towards the end of the shower, someone came up to me and said "How old is she?" and I answered back "4 months" like a pro. A few minutes later and several ladies came up to me to "oooo" and "ahhhh" over Emery (because it's impossible not to) and they totally thought she was my daughter from the questions they were asking me. Well, I was just having too much fun with this, so let them think it. They were pretty freaked out though when I walked out the door to leave and left Emery behind....in her car seat. That's when they finally realized she belonged to Kristin! It was so funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...you are a dead woman! Posting horrible pictures of your cousin who has not lost all of her preggo weight!! I need pic taking techniques from the expert. I could not even truly read the blog due to the aweful pics of me! Love you though! Had a great time with you and your are going to be the best mother!
-kris

Chelsi said...

Hahhah! I only looked like that b/c I was totally the bulimic prego chick! ;) But thanks for the hate shout out :)

Looks like yall had a blast in Grandburry. Who know a little place like that could be so fun!??! You totally made me want to go there!

LOVING the return of Allison's ALMOST daily blogging :)