Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Got To Meet Ron and Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The girls from work and I are always talking about what books we read, and three of us had read Same Kind Of Different As Me - the book I reviewed in my most recent post.

Well, one of them found out that the authors (and main characters) of the book, Ron Hall and Denver Moore, were hosting a charity event and speaking at the Belo Mansion which is next door to our building downtown (the Trammell Crow Center).

In about a split second, all three of us jumped up out of our seats and ran over to the Belo Mansion. We walked in, and I immediately spotted Denver signing books and taking pictures. Darn! I soo wish I had my camera!!

But I did buy a book and they both signed it for me!! I was so pumped to be able to meet them. These guys are awesome!!!!

Here are some pictures of them (not from yesterday, though I wish they were!):

Denver Moore



Ron Hall




1 comment:

Jodi Hughes said...

Thank you for posting a review of “Same Kind of Different as Me.” I work with Thomas Nelson, and we would love to follow your blog and hear what readers think of this exciting book. I also want to let you know that Ron and Denver have just released a new book “What Difference Do It Make?” which updates readers on their activity since the last book came out. Please email me if you are interested in receiving a complimentary copy of the new book for review on your site.

Thanks!

Jodi Hughes
pubintern@thomasnelson.com