Thursday, April 2, 2009

Landscaping Before and After

As promised, here are some before and after pictures of our hard work in the yard this past weekend. Michael mowed, edged, and weed-eated while I planted 9 shrubs and 2 hibiscus plants.

BEFORE


We spent $110 on our shrubs and hibiscus plants at Lowe's - not bad at all!!





In the above picture, you can tell we seriously need to add some shrubs!! The green stalks are the remnants of my daffodils. They were gorgeous while they lasted!

AFTER


Above: After planting, mulching, mowing, etc. this is our finished product!




Above: We planted Boxwoods (back row) and Indian Hawthorne (front row of shrubs with pink blooms). My Dad says they will double in size after just one season if I load them up with Triple 13 fertilizer. Can't wait to see them get as big as the rest of our Indian Hawthorne shrubs.


Above: We planted this Nandina shrub on the right side of the flower beds by the tree (it's hard to tell in the pictures but I planted it close to the ADT sign if that helps).


Above: I LOVE hibiscus, especially pink ones like this!

I want to plant petunias in the flower beds next, so be looking for an updated "after" picture when that gets done!

And let me just say that planting shrubs may seem easy, but it was really, really hard work! My quads, hamstrings and arms were sooo sore for 4 days after planting! It's really hard work!!!

MY THREE HELPERS:

No yard project is complete without documenting the hard work of my helpers.







Thank goodness for my awesome helpers!! I couldn't have done it without you!!!