Friday, February 27, 2009

These are a few of my favorite...PUPPY things!

I realize I JUST finished posting a comment in my below birthday post regarding how frugal I was (and proud of myself for being so frugal) with my birthday cake! Not to take away from that, but when it comes to my dogs, I am the first one to admit I am somewhat frivolous....but within reason. They don't wear clothes or shoes, but boy are they set when it comes to walks and car rides. They have the best of the best harnesses and car seats!

These harnesses are the BEST and last forever...not to mention, you can get them monogrammed! They are from G.W. Little.



And the car seats are awesome - also from G.W. Little! I LOVE taking my dogs to places like the Starbucks drive through, Lowe's, and anyplace that will allow it. There is truly nothing Madeline loves more than the wind in her hair and these car seats are the ticket! The harnesses, shown above, strap onto seatbelt, which holds the car seat in. The seats are crash tested and proven very safe for dogs. And now, they don't have to be transported in the covered carriers, which they hate and are so boring!



The seats are expensive, so I had not yet purchased one for Kosmo and he was getting super jealous of Madeline! But I received some birthday money and decided to get him the herringbone monogrammed car seat and its arriving next week!


Also on the list of favorite things are pet ID tags from Boomerang Tags. They have a wide variety of tags, but my favorite are the very durable plastic (a.k.a. quiet) tags that come in many different shapes and colors. The tags can be printed on both sides so you're able to provide tons of information. We have three phone numbers, our address, our names, the dog's name, and the message "Reward!" written on our dog's tags.


Last, but not least, if you have the same problem I do with strong chewers and have spent exorbitant amounts of money on toys only to have them chewed up 5 minutes later, the answer to your problems is the nylabone! It's the ONLY toy I will buy my dogs because it lasts and they LOVE it. Its got to be super strong, because they are able to chew up the "extreme" Kong toys, but not these. The chicken flavor nylabone, shown below, is the strongest of them all.

My dogs are quite the pair!! They are my babies and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!!

I especially love this picture of Madeline chewing her nylabone with her tongue sticking out. Kosmo is a baby in this picture and isn't quite sure what to do with Madeline dominating all the toys!




No comments: