Thursday, February 12, 2009

Why I am a nerd...

There has always been a big part of me that screams "nerd" and it seems to be getting worse every day. Here are some things that confirm my nerd-ness:

1. I am not ashamed that I started a blog.
2. I only have a blog...no facebook, myspace or any other website like that.
3. I am always a "late adopter" when it comes to technology. Some examples of this are that I don't have an iPhone (could think of so many other things to spend money on - like fixing my garage or planting spring flowers), I don't have any new TVs in my house and see no reason why I should (sorry Michael!), I still can't figure out how to use my iPod mini.


4. I listen to NO current music (except Britney Spears of course) and have no shame for still loving Sandi Patty. I could literally not name 2 songs that are popular right now.


5. I actually think minivans are cool and would like to have one when I have kids.


6. I wear those backless tennis shoe clog things to work because I have to walk several blocks from my car to the train and from the train stop downtown to my office. I keep 2 pairs of work shoes in my desk drawer and switch off between those every day.


7. I perform concerts for Michael with set lists and everything (I have been doing this for anyone who will watch since I was 2 years old).



8. I make Michael watch dances that I choreograph on the fly.
9. I didn't start wearing jeans until the 7th grade. Really because I felt I had to...before that, I wore jumpers and skirts and dresses to school. I never thought jeans were comfortable or looked cute and I liked dressing as girly as possible.
10. I still don't like jeans.
11. My favorite pair of jeans I ever had were my "rockies".


12. Recently, I had a work lunch at Stephan Pyles downtown. As I was walking in the door, I slipped and fell flat on the floor face down. Things like this happen all the time.


13. I am totally uncoordinated unless I am dancing.
14. I like to DVR old shows. I get on random kicks where I will record Three's Company, Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy, Leave it to Beaver, Who's the Boss, etc. The latest old show I've been watching DAILY is Growing Pains!


16. I love Dance Dance Revolution! I own the serious DDR metal dance pads and pretty much have a room in my house devoted to DDR. The only problem is that I prefer to play DDR at an arcade so that people gather around to see my amazingness!


17. I use a rolling bag for my laptop to get to and from work and at the end of the day, I load it up with my purse, lunchbox and coat. All these things inevitably fall during my trek to the train, but I keep trying to make it work anyway.
18. I'm so obsessed with the brickbreaker game on BlackBerry that even though my cell phone is a pink Razr, I carry around (and keep charged) a BlackBerry that I use for the sole purpose of playing brickbreaker.
19. I love High School Musical, Hannah Montana, The Jonas Brothers, and pretty much anything else in the tween category.


20. As you can see from my previous 24 post, I love action movies, BUT...I also love tween movies like Princess Diaries, The Prince and Me, and 13 Going on 30.

No comments: