Monday, March 23, 2009

Forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest..

Is there anyone out there who has yet to read the Twilight saga?!?!


Anyone???

?
?
?
?
?

Anyone???


Bueller??

Ok, I just have to know! I realize there are some crazy people in this world who have not yet read it, but I hope that doesn't include any of my friends.

I cannot tell you how annoyed I am by all the people who have come up to me today and said "I saw the Twilight movie over the weekend!!". They were thinking I would be proud or something!!?? The reason I'm NOT proud is because these are the SAME people that I have been telling for months that they have to drop everything and START READING!! Yet, they have not yet read the books.


Please....I beg of you....if you have NOT read the books yet, which already puts you on my s&*$ list, please do not opt to watch the movie in lieu of reading the books. I BEG OF YOU!!!

The movie doesn't even compare to the books. Its fun to watch the movie once you've read the books, but they simply do not compare. The true enjoyment and love of this story comes from reading the books. They are such an easy read and are truly spellbinding. I have talked over 12 people into reading the books (ages 23 through 60 - whoever started categorizing the books as "teen" or "tween" books is an idiot...this story spans all genders and ages) and they have all thanked me time and time again for encouraging them to read the books!! I'm not kidding you!!



Ok - I'm done with my Twilight rant!


P.S. I'm an Alice - click on this link and tell me who you are!!!!


P.P.S. I apologize for my ubiquitous use of words like "idiot" and "moron" in this and my last post.

6 comments:

Chelsi said...

Bueller? ....Bueller? LOL!!!

And I have not, and will not, read Twilight. No convincing, its just not in my blood. No pun intended. Or pun intended, whichever you prefer.

But you'll love me anyways ;)

Anniebanannie said...

I'm totally on your s%$# list. Have not and will not read it. I just can't get my mind wrapped around such a thing. So so so sorry. I hope we can still be bloggy friends though!! I'll live the Twilight craze vicariously through you!

Allison said...

Yes - I will of course still be friends with both of you and take you off my s*$^ list. :) haha You just don't know what you're missing. ;)

Brynn said...

I just started book #4 last night - they are soooo good! I've yet to see the movie, but it is on my list of things to do ASAP!! :)

Kelly said...

Hey! Thanks for the post! I sadly, have nothing to add to your Twilight craze. But, I do enjoy reading your blog, hearing your updates, and laughing at your stories! Great to catch up as well!

Mrs. Porter said...

To all of Alli's friends who just said they WILL NOT read the Twilight series, I have to tell you...I felt the same way. I thought my girlfriends were crazy. I can't even get on board with Lord of the Rings or any of that. I am just not a fantasy-type girl. Twilight is SO not like that. I can assure you that anyone I've told to read the books, they love them. Katie Allbritton Newton refused for the longest time, and she is now one of the most Edward-obsessed peeps I know. Do what you want, but I'm just sayin...doesn't hurt to try them.