Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just Call Me Mrs. Schultz

I just have to share the story of the AWESOME thing that happened to us Saturday night...

Michael and I LOVE date night and it was set for Saturday, so here's how it was going to go down:
5:00 p.m. - Church (we wanted to sit with our home group at this service)
7:50 p.m. - Studio Movie Grill (we had free tickets) to see Duplicity, have dinner and drinks


Here's how it went down:
4:58 p.m. - Get to The Village Church (yes, we were sort of late because of me), see the sign at the entrance of the parking lot that says "Service is Full".
5:03 p.m. - I sit silent in the car trying to avoid Michael as much as possible so I am not on the receiving end of his wrath because we didn't make it to church.
5:05 p.m. - Me: "What do you want to do, babe? We can just go to dinner around here and then back to church at 7:00 p.m."
Michael: "No, its ok, I know this is just one of the frustrating things about going to the awesome church that we do. I was really looking forward to our date. Let's just check movie times." (no wrath - yes!!!)
5:08 p.m. - We head to Frisco to Stonebriar Centre to see Duplicity. It starts in 15 minutes.


5:22 p.m. - We try to use coupons to pay for Duplicity and they say they cannot take our coupon for the "special event that is Duplicity". Great! I hate paying for movies if you cannot tell!
5:25 p.m. - I want popcorn. We try to decide: Should we get Diet Coke or Coke to go with it?? Diet Coke has formaldehyde a.k.a. aspartame and Coke has high fructose corn syrup. See our artificial sweetener post if you are lost. Well, both are pretty bad, so we go for the coke. Yes, yes, I know, they do sell water bottles at the movie theatre, but like I said in my sweetener post - we're not turning into health nuts! Just trying a little harder to not put processed and chemical stuff in our bodies (date night doesn't count!!)...
7:55 p.m. - The movie is over. I hate it. After complaining about what a let down it was, Michael finally agrees it was a worthless, horrible waste of time and money. (It was supposed to be a twisty turny, action, romance - how can you beat that for date night?? Well, it was not good.)
8:00 p.m. - We are realizing date night is not as magical tonight as it usually is and things just really aren't going our way. Not able to decide on a restaurant, we just go to Cheesecake Factory in the mall.


8:02 p.m. - We walk into Cheesecake Factory and it is a ZOO!! (I thought everyone in Frisco had kids and didn't stay out so late?!?!) I tell Michael if the wait is over an hour, we are leaving. The wait is 70 minutes.
8:03 p.m. - Mrs. Schultz walks up to me and says "My husband and I have been waiting for about 50 minutes, but our movie is starting now, so we are about to leave. Do you want our buzzer??"
8:04 p.m. - I am shell shocked! This makes up for everything that didn't go our way tonight!! This is the best!!!!!!!!! I've never had this happen to me before and especially not at such perfect timing!
8:05 p.m. - I ask Mrs. Schultz "what movie are you going to see?" (trying to make sure she is not seeing Duplicity; she said "I Love You, Man"; I said "Yeah, that's the one we should have seen - we saw Duplicity and it was no good. Have fun and thank you SOOOO much - you're the best!!!!"
8:06 p.m. - Mr. and Mrs. Schultz are about our age and are on their date night and are so adorable. We shouldn't have let them walk away so quickly, we would have loved to have dinner with them!
8:10 p.m. - Michael orders drinks at the bar - a Mojito for me and Vodka tonic for him....BUT, I get carded....AND, I'm not carrying my purse. Booo!! So sweet Michael walks all the way to our car parked at Sears to get my ID, but he cannot find it, so he is forced to carry my huge, fake Louis Vitton purse into the mall with him (he is mortified), but I find my ID and we are in business! (Sorry Michael!)
8:15 p.m. - I walk up to the hostess stand to ask how much longer until we get seated. The hostess says "What's your name?". I say "Mrs. Schultz". The hostess says "We'll be seating you shortly in the next few minutes". YES!!!!
8:20 p.m. - We get seated. THANK YOU MR.& MRS. SCHULTZ!!!!!
Dinner was awesome! We shared the Chicken Madeira and got cheesecake to go! What a great date night!!! Did I mention I had 3 mojitos!?!?! YUM!!

No comments: