Thursday, March 5, 2009

What my Momma taught me...

I am a daddy's girl for sure and gave him major props in my recent post, but that doesn't mean I don't love my momma!







I just wanted to give her a shout out too and mention some of the things she taught me that I am specifically thankful for.

She taught me....

...to be resilient and overcome any obstacles I ever face.

...to not be afraid of failing at anything.

...to be strong by being the strongest woman in the world herself.

...not to care what other people think.

...to be comfortable when I am going to a dark movie theatre rather than worry about getting too dressed up.

...persistence.

...about Jesus and His love for me.

...God's word.

...selfless love.

...family values passed down from her amazing grandmothers.

...to view things in light of eternity.

...that I'm supposed to be different than the rest of the world.

...faithfulness.

...how to be still. And know that He is God.

...that others look at the outward appearance but that God looks at the heart.

...to seek wisdom.

...how to listen.

...good grammar. Specifically, to not say "Me and 'so and so' are going to the mall", etc.

...how to show genuine care for other people and how to invest in their lives.

...frugality.

...to be realistic.

...how to be a good homemaker.

...all the things a germaphobe needs to know to keep the germs away!

...that I don't have to wash my hair every. single. day.

...how to have mercy on others.

...what it means to be meek.

...how to serve others.

That's why it's definitely God's plan for every child to have TWO parents. I'm thankful my parents at least stayed together through my high school and college years because the lessons I learned from each of them truly balanced me out.

1 comment:

katie newton said...

Hey you - what a sweet post about your mom and dad- its definitely true, they teach us soooooo much... makes me nervous what I am teaching my kiddos! :) So glad you found my blog, now I can start checking in on yours! :) I'm so happy for you and your cute little hubby! Take care! :)