Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Just like a circus...

Ok, so I never intended my blog to be about so much pop culture, especially since I am usually so out of it when it comes to pop culture, so I truly apologize and promise to try to keep it at a minimum....BUT I have to post how excited I am about the fact that I am going to the Britney concert when she comes to Dallas.

I feel I really deserve to go since I stuck by her through everything she's gone through in the past couple of years...I, unlike some people, was not wishy washy but stayed true to the fact that I still loved her and probably always will (don't judge me!).


Fans are saying that her Circus concert is one of the best yet! And I get to go!! And did I say how I'm getting to go for free?!?! Yeah, and watching from a private box in the AA center. Even better!


Here's the article that got me so excited:

Dressed as a sexy ringmaster and directing a colorful cast that included jugglers, acrobats and martial arts dancers, Britney Spears delivered a tightly choreographed, if perfunctory performance Tuesday night as she kicked off her first concert tour in five years.


The 27-year-old pop superstar’s “Circus” tour kicked off in her home state of Louisiana at the New Orleans Arena before a nearly sold-out crowd that cheered on their idol as she gyrated and slithered across the stage while singing some of her biggest hits, from the recent “Womanizer” to her first and now classic song, “Baby One More Time.”

Spears started the show with the title track to her new CD, “Circus,” then went right into “Piece of Me,” which she performed largely from a cage, part of the elaborate, grandiose stage backdrops.

Acrobats twirled from suspended fabric as Spears sang and danced, showing off her toned body with flirty, seductive moves. She got frisky with two male dancers as she performed “Touch of My Hand” while sporting a blindfold.

When Spears slowed down the show for “Everytime,” the audience could be heard singing the lyrics — “everytime I try to fly I fall, without my wings I feel so small” — along with her.

Her “Circus” CD, released in December, has already sold more than 1.3 million copies, and she’s had two hits off the CD, the No. 1 “Womanizer” and the top five “Circus.”

Bring it on Brit! March 31 cannot get here soon enough! :)

No comments: